Thursday, April 12, 2012


Summary
My paper topic is looking directly at quantitative look at the relationship between spending on education and student performance. To look at this study I believe it is most valuable to evaluate government spending on education and SAT scores. I believe these two variables are public knowledge making them easily accessible and quality measurements. I also believe evaluating the SAT scores will be a good measurement of U.S. student placement in higher education. Within my study I have developed a few variables that may affect the relationship between education spending and high school education performance. The first variable is family income. As we have discussed in class family wealth is a factor in the ability of a student to perform. My second variable is education enrollment rates, which are good indicators of schooling quantity. Unfortunately I tried to find a variable that would affect education quality but found that this is encompassed in the SAT score. My main goal in this study is not only to evaluate the performance following education spending but also to look at the ability of children to get into colleges. I believe this study is very valuable in evaluating not only U.S. government economic policy but also fiscal policies within the education spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment