Thursday, February 16, 2012

Using www.bls.gov/nls I will be looking at the trends in housing sales in a specified area. I will be looking at the four areas of the U.S. (midwest, south, west, northeast) I will be tracking the housing sales over the time period during the financial crisis. My thesis is; Did areas located near the epicenter of the crisis (New York) have more  mortgage defaults than other areas.

The problem with accumulating data is I will have to distinguish what is mortgage defaults and what is sales due to relocation. My main objective will be to look at data for ears before and after the crisis.

1 comment:

  1. Adam-- I think this is a great topic, but you really need data this weekend if you don't have it yet. I would prefer that you not spend the time on an outline and bibliography for a paper you can't find data for. what other information do you need? Unemployment data, local economic numbers, etc. would be good. -ekf

    ReplyDelete